- When you receive your exam paper, use the first two minutes of the exam to look at the exam paper from the first page to the last page. Compositions are not guaranteed to be part of the paper but if one is requested in the exam paper, then make sure you leave enough time to complete it.
- Read each question carefully. If there is a question which asks you to provide an explanation and an example, provide both. Too many students make the mistake of answering a question correctly but forget to provide an example therefore losing valuable exam marks. E.g. If you answer 5 questions and are asked to provide an example and each question is worth 2 points. You will receive one point for the explanation and one point for the example. If you just give the correct explanation for each answer you will receive 5 out of a possible 10 points. It cannot be stressed enough how important this is. If the use of specific grammar is required, it will often be highlighted in bold. For example , “please use past continuous” or “please change into the second conditional”.
- If you cannot answer a question immediately. Don’t waste time, leave the question and return to it later after you have finished the paper and have time left.
- If you feel you know the answer but are not sure , write an answer. An answer is better than no answer. Even if it is only partially (not completely correct) the teachers can still award half points for recognizing that you have demonstrated some understanding of the question and have tried to provide an answer. Remember all the little ‘half marks’ can add up and possibly make the difference between a pass and a fail.
- There is a clock in the exam room and the teachers will also remind you of how much time you have left.
After the exam, relax!!! Have a coffee, go home and have a siesta!
Приходите посмотреть нашу школу и пройдите бесплатный тест уровня
- Remember vs Remind
- Much, Many, Few, Little
- Tail Questions — Part II
- Using ‘Should’ for the Past and Future
- Difference between — ‘Die’, ‘Death’ ‘Dead’
Ресурсы по уровням