Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3
We use both words for negations and negative sentences, but often find it difficult to distinguish their differences in how they are used.
No and Not: their differences in how they are used
1. No, has the same use as in Spanish and is used to answer a question with a binary answer. For example:
2. We use the word Not to construct a negative sentence with an auxiliary verb and with the verb ‘to be’. For example:
Remember that from the union of these auxiliary verbs with the word ‘not’ we get the following contractions: He doesn’t, They haven’t, We can’t, She shouldn’t, It won’t, You mightn’t, etc.
Practice what you’ve learned by doing the exercises!
Приходите посмотреть нашу школу и пройдите бесплатный тест уровня
- The difference between No and Not in English
- Food Idioms
- «Adverbs in English»
- The Preposition ‘By’ Used for Time
- The different uses of: If, Whether, Supposing and Provided
Ресурсы по уровням