Robin Callan was an innovator and a visionary in the true sense. He saw the world of English teaching in the 1950s as clearly lacking in a few key respects, and through years of research and testing, finally created the Callan Method in the form in which it continues today.
Although Callan was not the first or only direct method in existence, Callan will always be distinctive and a nameknown around the world thanks to Robin Callan’s direct involvement with the Schools and the Method until very shortly before his death from Parkinson’s this year.
His work has helped thousands of people learn English in the intervening years, focusing on the real language and not simply theory and exam practice.
Farewell Mr. Callan, and somewhere we hope you may while away the afternoons among your heroes such as Virginia Woolf and Rupert Brooke in some idyllic English afternoon…
With all our admiration and respect,
Silvia Perelló, Joe Crowley and all the Callan Barcelona Team
- Abierta Inscripción Cursos de inglés – Invierno 2017 - 20 diciembre, 2016
- Growing Up With Grammar. Prepare Your Exam Seminar - 1 diciembre, 2016
- Tips and Advice: Prepare your Exams (2) - 24 noviembre, 2016
Ven a conocer la escuela y haz una prueba de nivel gratuita
- Oraciones condicionales en inglés
- El presente progresivo en inglés (The present Continuous)
- Los pronombres personales en inglés (Cómo usarlos correctamente)
- Remember vs Remind
- Much, Many, Few, Little. ¿Qué les diferencia?