- CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. With CIF B-63257935, it makes available to students the list of teachers and educational techniques that it considers most appropriate to the characteristics of the course that is the subject of this reservation, with the main objective of achieving the best comprehensive training for the student.
- The student enrolled in a course, it is understood that he occupies a place throughout the course and considers himself obligated to pay the full price, even in the event that, for any circumstance, he could not attend, without the right to a refund or claim any.
- One lesson hour of class consists of 50 minutes.
- If you enjoy a flexible rate and want to recover a class, contact the Secretary and they will tell you the best time to do it, whenever there is a place available.
- The group lessons will be recoverable only within the contracted course (week, month or quarter in your case) and whenever there are places available. No classes will be transferred to another non-contracted course.
- In the Callan 30 or Callan 60 courses for the unemployed and the reduced-rate courses, the schedule is necessarily the one indicated in your registration and does not give the right to recovery or change of schedule except by paying the rate difference from the normal course.
- Discounts on courses for the unemployed and on courses with reduced rates cannot be combined with other discounts.
- The classes “one to one” and “one to two” will only be recoverable after 48 hours notice and always within the contracted course ((maximum 2 changes during the course)).
- Individual intensive courses (Superintensive) must be contracted for consecutive weeks to take advantage of the discounts applied. In these courses, private classes are neither voidable nor changeable and always at a fixed time.
- Courses with less than 75% attendance, the delivery of the total of 4 compositions (according to level) and a passing exam of at least 60% will not be certified.
- Callan School reserves the right not to open or close a class if it does not reach the minimum number of students (4).
- The days of National, Autonomous or local Holidays are considered NON-SCHOOL and are therefore not recoverable.
- The calendar of vacations and non-school days is available in the course catalog and in your My Zone.
- The exams, exercises or any material that has been delivered by the students will be destroyed after three months, therefore it will not be possible to modify the evaluations after this time.
- CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L., informs that their classes or Social Club events could be recorded, or photographs could be taken during them, which CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. You could publish on your website, or on your profiles on Social Networks, in order to promote the services of the entity (in case you do not want this treatment, please communicate it before the start of the event). You can revoke your consent at any time at the address email@example.com
- For the comfort and safety of all students and the impossibility of allocating an appropriate space in the center, the entrance to the school of bicycles, tricycles, skateboards of any size, including folding ones, is prohibited.
- The courses may be taught in person, by telematic means (through virtual classroom), or in the distance training modality. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Center may choose one of these modalities, for organizational reasons for teaching the course.
- The Center will ensure at all times that face-to-face classes are taught, strictly subject to and in compliance with the measures that the Public Authorities have ordered, in matters of prevention and hygiene, in relation to the spread and contagion of the COVID-19 virus (control of the use of masks, control of the safety distance, etc.). Said provision will be applicable in any other analogous situation of health or safety emergency.
- If said rules cannot be complied with, in case of necessity, and in any case, if the Authorities adopt any measure of confinement and / or cessation of economic activity, the center may replace completely, or partially, face-to-face classes for classes held in a virtual classroom environment, tele-training or another method, without implying any modification in the price of the course.
- The change of modality of face-to-face training to virtual classroom or tele-training, based on the previous circumstances, or on causes of force majeure, will not suppose any variation in the fees to be satisfied by the student. These circumstances have been taken into account when establishing the course price.
Material and copyright
- Teaching material included in the courses: to choose between eBook or paper book (in case of loss or theft of the book, the student must pay 30 euros for its replacement.
- The total or partial reproduction of any material or platform (books or audios, exercises, etc.) of the Callan Method is prohibited because they are protected under copyright law.
Cancellation and payments
- If a student suspends her classes once the course has started, she must pay in full and the course will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Non-attendance does not exempt payment of the fee under any circumstances.
- No amounts will be refunded once the course has been paid under any circumstances.
- The prices indicated are rates per person.
- Fractional payments will not be accepted.
- Enrollment in a course does not imply the reservation of a place in subsequent courses.
The fact of registering presupposes the conformity and acceptance of all the conditions here exposed.
THE CENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT OF ADMISSION.
Personal information protection
Organisation Responsible For Data Protection
Organisation: Callan School of English, S.L.
Address: Vía Augusta 6 Bajos, Barcelona
Purpose of processing your personal data
The purpose of data processing will be to manage requests or enquiries made through the website either through contact form or any other type of online form, or through a request by email. Such requests may be, without limitation, the management of a request, responses to a request for commercial information, applications for employment or, where appropriate, sign-up to company newsletters, as well as any other interaction between the user of the website and CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, SL that meet the user’s need. All the information sought is necessary to be able to fulfil these requests.
Likewise, the data provided will also be processed to send you commercial information about our products and services that may be of interest to you, by post, e-mail, SMS, or any other equivalent means of electronic communication. If the user does not want to receive the aforementioned information, he will have the opportunity to opt out of being sent commercial information, either by checking the corresponding box on the information or contact form itself, or by exercising his right of opposition at the above address.
Information relating to your person will be kept for the duration of the commercial relationship, or the interest for which you are reading the current policy (for example, if you have sent a CV, or you have subscribed to a newsletter) as long as you do not request the deletion of your data, and at least, during the limitation period of the actions that may arise in relation to this contract, as well as during the time required relating to any complaint or enquiry that we may receive from official bodies in compliance with legislative norms.
Information to send you commercial messages
Personal data provided for the sending of commercial messages will continue to be retained until you revoke the consent, all without prejudice to your right of withdrawal or opposition.
Legal basis for processing of your data
The legal basis for the processing of your data is the realization of the commercial relationship in which you are a part, so that we can manage, develop and control the corresponding commercial and contractual relationship. All the information that we request from you is of an obligatory nature, so neglect to provide some data may make it impossible to provide the services we offer through our website.
In relation to sending commercial messages by electronic means – following a prior contractual relationship – the legal basis is the legitimate interest of CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. under article 21.2 of the Law of Services of Information Societies.
In relation to the sending of commercial messages by any means, including electronic ones – regardless of any contractual relationship, but based on a legitimate interest since you address the organisation – the legal basis is the consent that is requested at the approproate moment and that you give freely. If we do not obtain your consent, CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. promises not to handle your data for advertising purposes.
Communication or transfer of data and international data transfer
CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. may communicate your personal data to those public administrations with power over the matter and in the case that there is a legal obligation to do so.
However, if at any time in the commercial relationship it is necessary to communicate your data to third parties for new purposes, such communication will be made when CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. has your prior consent for this and in the legally required manner.
There may also be third parties, responsible for data handling, which, as a result of services provided to CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. can access your personal data.
We do not carry out any international transfer of your personal data.
Anyone has the right to obtain confirmation on whether at CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. we are processing personal data that concerns you, and in such case, right of access to your personal data, for the purposes of processing, and to the categories of personal data in question.
Likewise, you will have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion when, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes that it was collected; the consent on which processing is based or against processing has been withdrawn; personal data has been treated unlawfully; or must be abolished in order to fulfil a legal obligation established in the law of the European Union or of the Member States.
You can request the limitation of the processing of your data when: you challenge the accuracy of your personal data during the period that allows the responsible party to verify the accuracy of the same; the processing is unlawful and the interested party opposes the deletion of personal data and requests instead the limitation of its use; the person in charge no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of data handling, but the interested party needs it for the formulation, exercise or the defense of claims; or the interested party has opposed the treatment, while verifying if the legitimate reasons of the person in charge prevail over those of the interested party. In such cases, we will only keep the data for the exercise or defense of claims.
In certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you may object to the processing of your data. CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. will stop processing the data, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible complaints or legal claims.
Additionally, in the exercise of the attendant rights to portability, you will have the right to receive personal data that concerns you, and that you have provided, in a structured format, and transmit it to another data handler without being prevented by the manager who had already facilitated them as long as processing is based on consent; or processing is carried out by automated means.
When affected persons exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion and opposition, limitation of data processing, portability of data and not being subject to automated individualized decisions, they must communicate it by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, in the terms established in the current legislation; the consents that have been provided may be revoked, giving the interested persons the possibility of presenting a claim or complaint before the Spanish Agency for Data Protection.
The personal information we process at CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. comes from the interested party.
Users guarantee and are responsible for, in any case, the veracity, accuracy, validity, and authenticity of the personal data provided, and undertake to keep them properly updated. Likewise, users confirm that they are over 14 years old.
In the event that personal data is provided by persons who do not own them, the user must, prior to their inclusion, inform said persons of the points contained in the preceding paragraphs. In these cases, the user guarantees that the person whose information is provided is over 14 years old and that the information is accurate and truthful. CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. will be exempt from any responsibility for the breach of these requirements by the user.
CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. has adopted the legally required personal data protection security levels, and has installed all the means and technical measures available according to the current state of technology to avoid loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of facilitated personal data.
The user has the confidentiality and duty of secrecy of the employees of CALLAN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH, S.L. and of all those who process the data in the name of and on behalf of the same. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the user is aware of the possibility that the security of communications over the network is not invulnerable.
Come and see our school and take a free level test
- Conditional Sentences
- The present Continuous
- Remember vs Remind
- Much, Many, Few, Little
- Tail Questions – Part II
Resources by levels